Friday, May 4, 2007

Birth Day!

Our stubborn little grandson made his appearance today! He was born at 1:30 a.m. weighing 6 pounds and 10 ounces, and he is 19 ½ inches long. He is on a breathing tube for a few days, although the doctor is already starting to wean him off of it. So far, I’ve only seen pictures of him. The NICU has strict rules about how many people can visit, so we have to wait until he comes out. Mom is doing fine, although she is tired and sore and worried because he has to be away from her. I understand that anxiety. Mothers aren’t at peace until their babies are within their care. Even Grandmas feel the same way! I am so thankful that he is here, and I can’t wait to hold him, rock him, and love on him.

I’m off to a nephew’s wedding tomorrow. He waited until after 30 for the right woman to come along, and now he’s found her. And I find it hard to believe that he is that old already. I still remember seeing him when he was as new born as my newest grandson. Where does the time go?

Right now, the time is zipping along past my bedtime. And since tomorrow includes a Mother-Daughter breakfast, another visit to the hospital, a long drive and a wedding, I think I’d better hit the hay!

More later!

No comments: